Week Thirty-One Point Five: More Floral
But … but … this should be week thirty-two!



Yes, it should be, but my week went unexpectedly crazy and the days I typically use for making this week’s ice cream were needed for other tasks instead. Week thirty-two is coming, it was churned this morning and will be frozen overnight and tested tomorrow, but in the meantime have week thirty-one point five, more floral. Remember I said I wanted to make rose ice cream? My friend with the roses had her garden party and so I was given the roses. I had five roses, and coincidentally I had a 300ml pot of single cream which meant I could make 500g of mixture.
It’s the same recipe as the lavender ice cream but substituting the lavender with one rose per 100g of mixture, and instead of pressing into the sugar I put the cream and rose petals into a blender to get the flavour out before adding the rose blended cream to the saucepan with the egg yolks and sugar to make the custard.
This is personally my favourite ice cream I’ve made so far. You have to like rose as a flavour, which I really really do and I didn’t realise it was such a divisive flavour, but if you like rose this is delicious. It went so quickly because I didn’t have much of it in the first place and everyone wanted to try it. And unlike the lavender ice cream, the colour is entirely natural! I’d perhaps turn down the rose flavour slightly, instead of one rose per 100g try two for 250g (so one per 125g), and I can’t wait until my newly planted rose produces flowers to try more rose ice cream - fingers crossed for next year!
Comments
Post a Comment