Week Forty-Three: Sweater Weather
This is exciting for me. Remember I teased last week that I’ve been working on how I’m going to bring future ice cream to the world? Well, it’s here…
I made a YouTube video! https://youtu.be/YqTnjLt7dyE?si=Q6_LvofH_UiBtBCQ
I’ve actually made two! https://youtu.be/NwOVOp9hH7A?si=xnbVJpfSyhygVtOR
The first one is this week’s theme, for which I made Roquefort sheep milk ice cream, and the second one is my introduction where I made two versions of my plain ice cream, which was the first ice cream I made for this blog too. I’m not abandoning the blog or the Instagram, but I’m probably going to use the blog just to post the recipes without all the elaboration and the Instagram for incidental photos. If you can spare a bit of time, go and watch the videos, and maybe even let me know if you like them.
Roquefort sheep milk ice cream
450g sheep milk (45%)
350g Roquefort cheese (35%)
200g caster sugar (20%)
1. Put all the ingredients into a saucepan, crumbling the cheese into small pieces, and bring up to heat whilst whisking constantly until the cheese has melted
2. Allow to chill for several hours; for best food safety use an ice bath to bring the mixture down to 10-20C before putting it into the fridge
3. Rewhisk just prior to churning, and pass mixture through a sieve
4. Churn according to your ice cream machine’s instructions, stopping at soft serve texture
5. Put ice cream into a container and freeze for at least four hours
As for my reaction to this one, it’s all in the video…
Comments
Post a Comment